Formula 2 Driver Kobbe Berko has told CitiSport exclusively that he remains confident of winning the Renault Shootout race in France next month.
Berko, who is the first African to enter the Formula 2, was included in a 65-driver Renault Racing Shootout last year where he placed second.
The Ghanaian driver said it was very difficult to get to Formula 2 but persistence pushed him through the ranks.
“It was very difficult to get into Formula 2 because there were no Africans in the event. I kept writing to Renault to give me an opportunity to drive but I was told it’s too dangerous and fast,” he told Citi Sports on Thursday.
“I persevered and persisted, and eventually I was invited to participate in the race. I have participated in the Formula Renault 2.0 shootout which takes internationals from around the world and push great talents to Formula 1.”
The former local mechanic says he is aiming at achieving greater heights in Formula 1 and looks up to Louis Hamilton.
“The next tournament (I would participate in) is another shootout but this time am hoping for a first place finish to earn promotion to a new level of (Formula) racing. I am working hard for that and my dream is be in the Formula 1″, he appended.
Source: Thierry Nyann/citifmonline.com/Ghana